Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Attempted Debit Mastercard Fraud Attack

[ Edited ]
Posted by MegB MegB
Message 1 of 3 3,159 Views

Over the last 24 hours we have had an attempted fraud attack on our Debit Mastercards, which has affected approximately 700 card holders.

Affected customers will be notified via SMS and advised of the next steps we'll be taking. Holds have been placed on the compromised cards to protect the security of our customers' accounts.

For more info, please give us a buzz on 1300 550 914 or have a chat with our Online Messaging Team through your online banking.

0 Kudos

Re: Attempted Debit Mastercard Fraud Attack

Posted by Kerrie Kerrie
Message 2 of 3 3,139 Views

If you knew about this at 8.00am this morning, why did I not get notified earlier?  I was shopping with a full trolley, needed to complete my Xmas shopping and my card wouldn't work and I couldn't access the atm. Had I been advised earlier I could have got cash from the branch before they closed. I have 30 people coming for xmas lunch on Saturday and no money, I can't get to the branch until Saturday unless I leave work early but unsure if I can do that and there is no branch close to where I work they by have all been closed. Very poor form not advising customers earlier about this, i found out when  my card didnt work and I called customer service after 5pm and just received a text at 9.00pm

0 Kudos

Re: Attempted Debit Mastercard Fraud Attack

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 3 of 3 3,106 Views

Hi @Kerrie, I'm so sorry you were unable to pay for your shopping yesterday. That's such a stressful situation, I've been there myself.

We wanted to be able to give a firm explanation of what has happened and the next steps before letting our customers know. I'm very sorry for the delay and we can appreciate this may not be ideal.

Would you mind sending me an email to forum@bankwest.com.au with your username, full name and best contact number so we can look into some options for you? 

0 Kudos

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.