Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Kid Saver

Posted by Sabrina Sabrina
Message 1 of 2 353 Views

Are there any plans to change the kids saver? 

The whole point of a kids saver is to put aside money for a number of years to give to them when they are older.

I understand  why you only want max of $250 per month, but you can't do this as well as moving all the money out once a year and making us start again. One negates the other. That means $250 x 12 month is only a maximum of $3000.

This completely defeats the purpose of a long term kids savings account. Please offer an alternative account that's actually logical so I don't need to change banks, because at the moment even using a competitors bank account at lower interest will give me more money because of this ridiculous design.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Re: Kid Saver

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 2 340 Views

Thanks for your feedback on this @Sabrina, while I can understand where you're coming from our Kids Bonus Saver is a high interest account and not designed to be a long term savings account. This account works hand in hand with the Childrens Savings Account ( which also needs to be opened in order to have the Kids Bonus Saver). The Childrens Savings Account allows your to reach you long term savings goals and offers a tiered interest rate to get the most out of the funds that are swept over at the end of each year. You can view the rates for this account here.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.