Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Is Banks irresponsibility my loss?

Posted by Abhi Abhi
Message 1 of 2 240 Views

I am very unhappy as due to the banks irresponsibility i had to loose money.

The settlement was organised on 27th Dec 2017

I applied for a home loan at bank west and everything was good at the start.

I provided all information and documents requested by bank promptly.

On 1st November 2017 bank told that they recieved valuation on my property.

on 11th December i was informed that the application is successfull.

on 12th December i was informed that the application is accepted.

Before Christmas holidays i followed up with the bank to find out the status i was told by the banks legal agency that the settlement cant happen as they dont have a valuation??

How can a valuaton disappear from an approved loan?

And there was noone to answer from the bank.

Due to this irresponsibility of the bank myself and my family had to go through lot of stress for the next one week.

After the holidays the bank did valuation and approval in a hurry and gave the money.

I had to pay fine for delaying the settlement, pay compensation for the conveyancers to work during hoilidays from my pocket.

This is all due to the wonderfull efficiency of the bank.

Shouldnt the banks have a proper system to handle all these? If they miss to do their part properly why should the customer bare the loss? Totally disappointed with Bank west.

0 Kudos

Re: Is Banks irresponsibility my loss?

Posted by AlexM AlexM
Message 2 of 2 235 Views

Hi Abhi,

I'm sorry to hear of this situation - I'm never happy reading that our customers have been let down or disappointed by our service, particularly at such a key time.

Have you raised this with our team either by phone or online? If we've been responsible for a delay in settlement then we would certainly look at addressing that for you, provided that we've had a chance to review what happened. You can bring this directly to our Customer Care team, who will investigate and get back to you by submitting your post above to this link:

https://www.bankwest.com.au/retail-forms/contact-customer-relations

Otherwise you can email me your contact details and name through to forum@bankwest.com.au, and I'll escalate this matter to them for you.

Hope to hear back soon Abhi, and again, sorry to you and your family for the poor experience.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.