Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

so what happens now

Posted by stevelarkin stevelarkin
Message 1 of 2 63 Views

last night i noticed 2 transactions from my account totalling over $200 i rang the hotline and explained to the guy on the phone what had happened and he blocked my card but as the transactions are in authorization only status does this mean that they will no longer come out? or am i about to embark on an a 6-week journey to get my money back

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: so what happens now

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 56 Views

Hi @stevelarkin, I'm very sorry to hear that you may be needing to dispute some transactions. When a debit is in "Authorisation Only", it has still technically been deducted from your account, however the merchant is still able to cancel, or finalise it.

If you're able to get in touch with the merchant and they cancel it, the transaction will disappear from your account, and the funds would show as available. If they finalise it, this means that they have processed the debit and it would then need to be disputed.

You can view details on How to dispute a transaction via this previous Forum post. The team endeavour to resolve the dispute within 6 - 8 weeks of receiving the form. As these disputes require us to liaise with other financial institutions and merchants, we need to allow reasonable time for the other party to respond.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.