Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

qantas credit card

Posted by bmickan bmickan
Message 1 of 2 88 Views

I have a platium qantas credit card. I pay my card off month to month as i get paid on the 15th of every month. Why am i getting a late admin fee when its suppose to be 44 days interest free?

0 Kudos

Re: qantas credit card

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 2 87 Views

Hi @bmickan,

A late fee is charged when the minimum monthly repayment amount is not received between the statement issue date, the due date outlined on the statement itself. As Credit Card statements are issued every 30 days, your due date will differ slightly month to month.

If you make payments to the account outside of the statement dates, they are not counted, as they have already assisted in reducing the balance of the account at the time the statement is issued.

You may also be interested to know that if you use the Bankwest Mobile App, you are now able to create a Payment Reminder, using the "Easy Alert" option. This will send a Push Notification to your phone 3 days prior to the due date, if at least the minimum repayment amount has not yet been received.

To set this up, please select "Easy Alerts > Customise Easy Alerts > Credit Card Payment Due".

I hope this helps clarify this for you.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.