Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Kim

credit card travel insurance

Posted by Kim Kim
Message 1 of 3 1,292 Views

we are going overseas and I want to know if our credit card a Platinum will cover both my spouse and myself, I think I just read somewhere that it doesn't.  What do I have to do to have both of us covered

0 Kudos
Kim

travel insurance credit card

Posted by Kim Kim
Message 2 of 3 1,293 Views

I have just asked a question about travel insurance, and forgot to mention that the credit card is in both our names.

0 Kudos

Re: credit card travel insurance

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 3 of 3 1,279 Views

Hi Kim, each cardholder (primary and additional) are entitled to use this travel insurance provided that they meet the eligibility criteria. To be eligible you need to be travelling to an overseas destination and have purchased a return overseas travel ticket before leaving Australia. You also need to ensure that you have each spent at least A$500 on  prepaid travel costs (i.e. the cardholder’s travel costs that they pay for before leaving Australia, which includes the cost of their return overseas travel ticket; and/or airport/departure taxes; and/or their prepaid overseas accommodation/travel; and/or any other of their prepaid overseas itinerary items). You can read more about the eligibility criteria and what is covered in our Complimentary Credit Card Insurance booklet. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.