Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

ZipMoney Application

Posted by Sadie Sadie
Message 1 of 2 664 Views

Hi,

I have just applied for a ZipMoney account, which involved providing my PAN and password to check bank statements. It initially appeared this was authorised by and connected to BankWest, but I then realised a third party operator bankstatements.com.au actually offers the service.

I am now concerned about the security of my account. I have changed my password, but is there any more I can do? Am I protected if there are fraudulent transactions on my account?

Many thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos

Re: ZipMoney Application

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 2 647 Views

Hi @Sadie, thanks for reaching out. 

We recommend never providing a third party with your online banking log in details as this is a breach of our No Loss Security Guarantee. This means that should the third party log into your online banking without your consent and transfers funds from your account, you may not be covered for any losses. 

I'm glad to hear you've already changed your Secure Code (this is the first thing we'd recommend you do to protect the security of your account). Changing the secure code will prevent ZipMoney from having your current log in details meaning they're not able to view/use your account/s. 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.