Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Won't let me transfer my remaining cash?

Posted by Yve123 Yve123
Message 1 of 3 345 Views

Hi, I have just over $1000, left in this account and I am trying to transfer it out and it won't let me.  I have tried $700 and $800 and it won't let me.  Can you please help?

Thank you 

0 Kudos

Re: Won't let me transfer my remaining cash?

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 3 343 Views

Hi @Yve123, for security reasons we can't access or discuss your account information over the forum, so we'd need to speak with you over the phone. If you can give us a call on 13 17 19, we can look into this for you.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: Won't let me transfer my remaining cash?

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 3 of 3 334 Views

@Yve123: From the sounds of it, you might be trying to do a Pay Anyone transfer - which is when you transfer funds to another bank account, which isn't your own (i.e. another Bankwest account holder, or to an account at another bank or financial institution within Australia).

Personal Pay Anyone transfers, along with other types of transfers and payments, have maximum daily limits, which can be set as low as $0, up to $20000.

I'd recommend checking your personal limits, by logging into Bankwest Online Banking, then once in - navigating to Payments and Transfers > Daily limits.

It will indicate what your daily limit is there by transfer type, and if your account type and security settings allow - give you the option to change the required limit up or down instantly.

If you can't change your limit via Online Banking, then as @LyndsC said, you'll need to give Bankwest a call to raise the limit and make the transfer.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.