Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Why does your bank suck so much?

Posted by Andrewter Andrewter
Message 1 of 4 296 Views

Called for general banking information. Locked out of my account after apparently answering questions wrong? This after I identified my phone number, email BSB and account number. 

I forgot my secret word (did I ever have one?).

Next step is annoyingly going in to branch to confirm identity.

worse still, if I was a criminal they did not call, email or text me to confirm supposed hack attempt.

0 Kudos

Re: Why does your bank suck so much?

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 4 284 Views

Hi @Andrewter, Whilst I can't access or discuss any personal account information over the forum, I'd really like to look into this further for you. Can you please send me an email to forum@bankwest.com.au with your full name, contact number and forum username and I will follow this up for you? Thanks

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by Bundabah Bundabah
Message 3 of 4 219 Views

Same issue.

Acct locked and not even the courtesy of being informed.

Could not login - Reset password -twice - successfully and still could not login.

Only after a call to 'service' was I told the account was locked and I had to go to a branch and prove photo ID.

What really annoys me -
1. if this was a 3rd party attempt at my acct - while did the bank not inform me? Why do they just block the accts and not advise the holder. So tatty
2. Why must I now have to go to a branch and prove ID?
Just happens that the closest branch is some +20kms away - almost a 30min drive each way. There was a branch 2 kms away - they closed that...
3. Let me add further that the on-line service person I spoke too was almost machine-like, certainly not there to do serve - had no interest at all - more like a gestapo interview.
4. And when asked to report this poor service, I was told someone would get back to me in about 48hrs. Agaai,

how tatty!

Where to from here - don't know - that all the same, but certainly now actively looking around for something closer and for some human interaction, if at all possible.

Not prepared to put up with this.

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 4 214 Views

Hi @Bundabah, I understand we've spoken to you and we're working to have this resolved as quickly as possible for you. Thank you.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.