Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Why Tax File Number Tax still deducted when TFN already with bank

Posted by SKS786 SKS786
Message 1 of 2 465 Views

I have Kids Saver Accounts with Bankwest for the last few years. For the last two months, Bankwest has suddenly started deducting Tax File Number Tax when it was never done in the past and Bankwest already has Tax File Number in their record.

I am not sure why the bank is deducting tax from my high school kids' bank accounts when they have no income as they are studying. 

Even Bankwest Customer Service has no answer why this TFN Tax deducted when TFN is still with the bank and they are just passing the buck to ATO. Frustrating.

0 Kudos

Re: Why Tax File Number Tax still deducted when TFN already with bank

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 464 Views

Hi @SKS786, thanks for getting in touch, and sorry for the run around you seem to have had with this enquiry. I'd like to take a look further into this for you, if you could please send your full name, Forum username and best contact number to Forum@bankwest.com.au, I'll set up a call to see if we can get to the bottom of what's happening here. Thank you. 

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.