Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Unsolicited Funds taken out of my account on 24 Jan 2019

Posted by jdouglas1304 jdouglas1304
Message 1 of 2 647 Views

Unsolicited Funds taken out of my account on 24 Jan 2019

As you will see from my account the sum of $1,019.06 was debited to my account from MACQUARIE BANK 003-9840673-000

Can you stop any further transactions to this account as payments should have stopped on Dec 2018

Many Thanks

John D Hamilton

0 Kudos

Re: Unsolicited Funds taken out of my account on 24 Jan 2019

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 642 Views

Hi John, sorry to hear this. Definitely not ideal!

This will be dependant on where the funds are being deducted from (BSB and account number or card number).

If the debiting bank has your card number, the only way we can stop any further withdrawals would be to cancel the card, and issue you with a new one. To do this, you can call 13 17 19, or log into your Online Banking and select "Message us Now" from a PC, or "Ask Us" via the Mobile App. Both services are available 24/7 for your convenience.

If they are debiting your BSB and account number, you will need to complete a Stop Payment of Direct Debit Form. Once done, you can send it back via any of the below methods:

Fax: 1300 664 825.
BankMail: Through the "Message Centre" tab of your Online Banking.

You can also complete section 4 of the form if you need to dispute any previous debits that should have already ceased, which we will request a refund for on your behalf.

I hope this helps.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.