Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Unknown transaction or merchant details

[ Edited ]
Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 1 of 11 10,064 Views

Whilst you’ll often remember how much you spent at Coles or Bunnings or anywhere else with a familiar name, you might find yourself questioning some of your transactions when you see XXX HOLDINGS PTY LTD for example.

This is because merchants sometimes register their facilities under a group name, rather than a specific store/chain for example – but it’s easy to get the details you need  Smiley Happy

We don’t have a fancy tool to decrypt and decipher these odd looking names, we simply jump on Google!

Online banking

1. Highlight the text in the ‘narrative’ column.
  2. Right click and select ‘Search with Google’.
  3. Google will then present the results which should help you identify the transaction.

Online banking (credit card transactions only)

1. Click the transaction you’re unsure about - it's written in orange.
  2. You'll be taken to the 'transaction details' page with more info.
  3. If you're still unsure, click the 'Search online for more details' link.
  4. Google will then present the results which should help you identify the transaction.

Bankwest App (credit card transactions only)

1. Tap the transaction you’re unsure about.
  2. Tap the orange ‘Search online for more details’ link.
  3. Google will then present the results which should help you identify the transaction.

If you’re still unsure of the transaction and are concerned it’s not one you made, please fill out a Transaction Dispute Form and return it to us.

Re: Unknown transaction or merchant details

Posted by tkg666 tkg666
Message 2 of 11 9,633 Views

Hey i have 'Cash Advance Interest' charge for $0.14 on 28/4/17 on my credit card

Can you advise why?  I did not do a cash advance on my credit card.

Thanks 

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 3 of 11 9,627 Views

Hi @tkg666 thanks for your enquiry. A cash advance is anytime you withdraw cash from your card via an ATM, Bankwest Store or online transfer, excluding BPAY. Effective 1st April 2010, transactions made for gambling purposes, including lotto, online betting and gambling chip purchases are also classified as cash advances. There is some further information you might find useful, on this previous post. Via the Forum I wouldn't be able to view your account to confirm what the interest relates to I'm sorry, however you can login to Online Banking and select the "Chat Now" button at the bottom of your screen for assistance, between 7am - 6pm AWST Monday - Friday. Alternatively, you can call our Help Centre on 13 17 19 between 8am - 8pm your local time, 7 days a week. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Posted by Ockie1 Ockie1
Message 4 of 11 7,766 Views

I've just transfer / made a payment to international $US 14,000 and when I check my statement no money was taken out.

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 5 of 11 7,759 Views

Hi @Ockie,thanks for contacting us in regards to this. As we're unable to identify you or view your account information over the form, we'd need to speak with you over the phone or via live chat. You can access live chat through your online banking during WA business hours (by logging in via a computer and clicking the orange 'Chat Now' button) or alternatively give us a call on 13 17 19 between 8am - 8pm your local time and we can look into this for you.

0 Kudos

Posted by LibbyW LibbyW
Message 6 of 11 4,335 Views

I can not find an address or even email to send my dispute transaction form.

please can you provide these for me 

Libby 

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 7 of 11 4,313 Views

Hi @LibbyW, whilst we don't have a centralised email address, you will be able to forward the documentation through BankMail, via the "Message Centre" tab of your Online Banking. It will be received by our email team, and responded to within 1 - 2 business days.
Alternatively, you can send the form back via Fax, or by Post. These details are outlined on the Contact Us page of our website. I hope this helps Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Posted by rachael1974 rachael1974
Message 8 of 11 2,980 Views

I just withdrew $60 at your bankwest ATM but forgot to take the money. I was so stressed as I need to get US dollars for overseas and your Queens street office does not offer foreign money. I went accross the road to commonwealth, withdrew from my bank west account $950

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.