Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Uncleared funds eBay/Paypal

Posted by mjpluto mjpluto
Message 1 of 2 139 Views

Hi there, I have purchased some items on eBay and the funds seem to have been recorded in my account information in iBanking. However, the funds have not been cleared. The items remain in my eBay cart and I have yet to receive a confirmation email regarding the completion of the transaction. Will I be charged twice if I choose to go through and complete the transaction again (same items that are still in the eBay cart)? Or will the uncleared funds be cancelled and returned to my account after a certain period of time has elapsed? Thank you.

0 Kudos

Re: Uncleared funds eBay/Paypal

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 137 Views

Hi @mjpluto, thanks for your enquiry. It sounds like this may be an "Authorisation Only" hold - the way this works is similar to that of when you check in to a hotel, and they freeze funds on your card as a bond. When a transaction is made using a Credit or Debit MasterCard, the company will hold the funds to ensure that the account is genuine, and that there are sufficient funds available for the transaction. When this is confirmed, the payment will be processed and the authorisation amount will be released by the company who have initiated the transaction. However, this can take up to 3 - 5 business days, sometimes up to 7 business days depending on when their bank processes their transactions. Usually, your bank is unable to remove this hold, as it's the debiting merchant who is holding the money. For security reasons via the Forum we are unable to view your details to look into this further I'm sorry, however you are most welcome to call our Contact Centre on 13 17 19 to have this looked into. Alternatively, you can log into your Online Banking and select the "Chat Now" button on your screen between 7am - 6pm AWST Monday - Friday for more assistance. I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.