Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Transferred to wrong account number

Posted by cbarclay86 cbarclay86
Message 1 of 4 1,103 Views

Hi,

Over the last 2 months I have had money owed to me transfered into the wrong account.

The account they trasfered into is one number different from my own.

How would I go about getting that money back?

Cassie

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
SOLUTION

Re: Transferred to wrong account number

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 4 1,102 Views

Hey @cbarclay86, is this money that someone else (i.e. not you) has intended to transfer to your account?

If so, the person who sent the funds will need to speak with their bank to discuss the issue. There won't be anything you're able to do, as you weren't the one who initiated the transaction.

If you're the one who has sent to the transaction, then you'll need to give Bankwest a call to discuss this.

When it comes to transfers between banks, the person sending the transaction needs to take every precaution to check and verify the information they're entered.

Posted by cbarclay86 cbarclay86
Message 3 of 4 1,099 Views

Yeah it was from someone else unfortuately.

They are going to contact their bank to try and get it returned.

Thanks for the response

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 4 1,094 Views

Hi @cbarclay86@thewinchester is correct, if the funds are coming from someone else to your account, they would need to contact their financial institution and request a recall of funds. 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.