Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Transfer large sum of money

Posted by Lee21 Lee21
Message 1 of 6 1,269 Views

Hi,

I am based in regional NSW and am wondering what options exist for me to transfer a large sum of money (greater than online daily transfer limits) in order to purchase a property at auction.

I am 450km from the nearest BankWest branch, so obtaining a bank cheque is not an option (unless this can be conducted via Commonwealth branches, which I doubt?)

Thanks

0 Kudos

Re: Transfer large sum of money

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 6 1,268 Views

Hi @Lee21, thanks for your enquiry. If you're unable to visit a Bankwest store to process a transfer over the counter, or obtain a Bank Cheque (this can't be actioned via a CBA Store I'm sorry), you'll be able to complete a Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) form to arrange a transfer. The form does state International Transfer Form, however the required details are the same. You will be able to disregard the SWIFT Code and Exchange Rate details. The completed form can be sent to IMT.Retail@bankwest.com.au, or faxed to 1300 130 885 for action within 2 - 3 business days. You'll be able to find the form via this link. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Posted by Lee21 Lee21
Message 3 of 6 1,266 Views

Thanks for the prompt reply - so this for of payment using RTGS is acceptable for paying for a deposit on a property after auction, when payment is required ASAP?

Thanks

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 6 1,263 Views

That would be at the discretion of the agent @Lee21, as payment would need to be processed via their preferred method. If an RTGS is not an option, you could also look at having a Cheque Book added to your account, if applicable. However, it does take 3 - 5 business days for the book to arrive to your address, so that would need to be considered if the Auction is going to be held within this time frame. To confirm if your account is able to have a Cheque Book Facility added, you can log in to your Online Banking and select "Chat Now" between 7am - 6pm AWST Monday - Friday, or call our Contact Centre on 13 17 19 between 8am - 8pm your local time, 7 days a week. It may also interest you to note that the Online Transfer Limits apply per account holder, so if your account is in joint names, all parties will be able to transfer up to $20K per day, if registered with the SMS Code security. Thanks.

Rookie

Posted by Somnang Somnang
Message 5 of 6 1,133 Views

May I request transfer from 5000 to 100,000,000

Now i want you pay for me near 2M to pay car

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 6 of 6 1,131 Views

Hi @Somnang, for security reasons we can't access or discuss any personal account information over the forum, we'd need to speak with you over the phone or via live chat to look into this. You can call us on 13 17 19, between 8 am and 8 pm local time (based on the state you're located in). Alternatively if you can log into online banking via a computer during WA business hours and select the orange "chat now" button we can look into this for you.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.