Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
EK2

Transfer from Europe

Posted by EK2 EK2
Message 1 of 5 957 Views

Hi

I want to transfer funds by online banking from my account in Europe to my BankWest accont.

The online form for international transfers of my bank in Europe has the following fields:

BIC/Bank code:  I presume I enter the SWIFT code here

Account Number:  is obvious - but where do I fill in the BSB?

Thank you and regards

Erich

0 Kudos

Re: Transfer from Europe

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 5 956 Views

Hi @EK2, thanks for reaching out.

While it's a little tough to confirm how/where you would note the BSB on a transfer initiated by another bank, at a guess it would need to be included in the same field? I'd definitely recommend checking this with the sending bank.

I can advise that to receive an international transfer into your Bankwest account, you will need to give the sender the following details:

Bank: Bankwest
Your BSB and Account Number
BIC/SWIFT Code: BKWAAU6P
Your Name and Street Address (Cannot be a PO Box)

I do need to advise that a non-refundable $10 processing fee will apply to each inward deposit made through the SWIFT or Telex systems to your Bankwest account, which will appear as ‘Inward Payment Order Fee’ on your statement.

It's also important to note that in some cases it may be necessary for the banks involved to utilise the services of a 'correspondent' bank to assist in the transfer.

As banks do not hold offices in every country, it is necessary to establish reciprocal agreements with a representative bank that may assist in getting the funds transferred successfully to their destination. If a correspondent bank is needed for assistance in the transfer, they are entitled to charge a fee for their services.

Other bank charges and fees are unknown to us, and therefore this could mean that you may receive a lesser amount in your account than what the sender had originally sent. As these other bank fees and agent fees are unknown to us, they are out of our control.

Please click the link below if you have any further questions.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

IMT FAQs

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
EK2

Posted by EK2 EK2
Message 3 of 5 955 Views

Hi DanaeC

Thank you for this useful information.

However, I still don't have an answer to my actual question.  My European bank doesn't seem to know what a BSB is, let alone where it should go in their form.

If the form is not filled in correctly, I guess Bankwest would send the funds back to Europe. Therefore, could somebody from Bankwest please confirm whether the BSB has to go

a) in the field together with the SWIFT code (e.g. after the SWIFT code) or

b) in the filed together with the account number (e.g. XXX-YYY before the account number) ?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Erich

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 5 935 Views

I'm really sorry I don't have another answer to this for you @EK2 - we aren't able to advise you how to complete a form for another bank. 

As mentioned the BSB does usually go in the same field as the account number, though I can't guarantee this is how the sending bank needs it to be input. The SWIFT Code is a separate number altogether, and doesn't correlate with your account number directly (it can be used for any personal inward Bankwest transfer). 

I hope you're able to resolve this ASAP, and again I do apologise that I can't confirm this for you. 

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
EK2

Posted by EK2 EK2
Message 5 of 5 913 Views

Thank you,

Erich

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.