Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
New Contributor

Transaction search date range

Posted by JehniT JehniT
Message 1 of 5 1,014 Views

It's tax time again, and often I need to go hunting for specific transactions in my history.  Is it really true you can only search 12 months of history in your transactions?  I would like to be able to search at least 7 years .. the amount of time the tax man would like me to keep my records!

Is there a parameter I can choose for this or is it not just available?

And if it isn't available... can it be at some point?

Many thanks
JehniT

0 Kudos

Re: Transaction search date range

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 5 1,013 Views

Hi @JehniT, thanks for your suggestion I can certainly pass this onto our online banking team to look into.

You can search for transactions in the transaction search function from the previous 2 years (it will currently allow you to search back to 01/01/2014). You can also view up to 5 years worth of statements if you have signed up for e-statements on your account.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Posted by JehniT JehniT
Message 3 of 5 1,010 Views

Thanks LyndsC.  I did find the estatements and downloaded the PDFs and can search through that.. I guess you just have to be organised enough to download your estatements as they arrive and keep them locally.  It would be very handy for online banking to hold up to 7 years' worth of statements but I can imagine that would be a large data requirement for all customers!  Perhaps it's something ppl could opt into rather than be whole-of-business approach?

Cheers

Jehni

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 4 of 5 1,002 Views

+1 for this request, and it's one of the reasons why customers are using services such as Pocketbook et al to access and easily retreive these details - a subject that is already under discussion in another thread given the arcane position Australian banks are taking on the ePayments code, with positions and views rooted in 1980's banking regaridng the read only use of online banking credentials by 3rd party services, so customers can help better manage their finances (see 'Pocketbook' Finance App (Budget Planner)).

Given ASIC's recent response to another 3rd party service (Acorns), and the Turnbull Government at the time accepting that the ePayments Code needs to be made mandatory, it's hoped that regardless of what happens at the ballot box today - the backwards approach by BWA and others to third-party services will come to a swift and merciful end in the near future.

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 5 of 5 999 Views

Thanks for your feedback in regards to this @thewinchester, I will ensure this is passed onto our online team to look into for future. Thanks

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.