Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Suggestion: eStatements Notification

Posted by okayokay okayokay
Message 1 of 8 1,845 Views

Pro: Right now I get an email when i have a new eStatement available. +++

Con: That email tells me nothing other than "Bankwest - You have new eStatements", which means I constantly miss the important statements like Credit Cards with a pay-by date. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Suggestion: Imrove that email notification to include slightly more info such as the Account Name or Type "Credit Card, Offset, or Home Loan" .

*I understand privacy / security concerns will limit the info you can include such as account numbers, but would be great if included product type at a minimum or the defined account name we nominate 

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Suggestion: eStatements Notification

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 8 1,838 Views

Hi @okayokay, thanks for contacting us in regards to this. As you have advised, the information we are able to provide via a standard email is limited for security purposes, however I can certainly pass on your feedback for future enhancements.
You may also be interested to know that if you use the Bankwest Mobile App, you are now able to create a Payment Reminder, using the "Easy Alert" option. This will send a Push Notification to your phone 3 days prior to the due date, if at least the minimum repayment amount has not yet been received. To set this up, please select in the app "Easy Alerts > Customise Easy Alerts > Credit Card Payment Due". I hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Message 3 of 8 1,837 Views

Thanks Sarah!, i stumbled on that just after my post, but i still think it would be a good enhancement. Appreciate you taking the time to listen Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8 1,815 Views

@SarahF was it a total coincidence or did the team apply my feedback that quickly?.

Just got a new eStatement email that now reads (perfectly!!) 

You have a new credit card eStatement

Dear MR xxx

A new eStatement for your Bankwest Qantas Platinum MasterCard ending xxxx is now available.

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 5 of 8 1,811 Views

How great is that! Smiley Happy Wish I could take all the credit but seems our team were already onto it.

Message 6 of 8 1,756 Views

@SarahF sorry to dig this one up again, but looks like the eStatement notification was only changed for Credit Card, i got this one for my Equity Home Loan account on 21/1 and it has reverted to generic, see below, is it possible to have them all set to show more info?, not just Credit Card statements ?

You have a new eStatement
Dear MR xxx

A new eStatement is now available for viewing.

Simply login to the Bankwest App or Bankwest Online Banking to view, download or print your statement.

0 Kudos

Message 7 of 8 1,735 Views

Hi @SarahF any comment?, it really sucks that it has returned to the generic eStatement notification now.

eg. i don't care about any of my other statements, only Credit Card and now every time i'll need to login when i get the email to see which statement it is for.

or 

Pay the $2 monthly fee to return to paper statements on my credit card so that i don't miss them

0 Kudos

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 8 of 8 1,733 Views

Hi @okayokay, I've checked with our team and the Credit Card eStatement will show as the new version. I've passed on your feedback in regards to the other eStatement notifications. A great idea is also to view Easy Alerts on our mobile as you can set one up to be notified when your credit card is due.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.