Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Suggestion: Next credit card statement date

Posted by PetersDownunder PetersDownunder
Message 1 of 5 605 Views

Would be great to see when my next credit card statement would be issued in online banking. Currently can see things like the last statement date, amount due, date due etc. However I'm always trying to maximise the 44 days interest free period by leaving large payments/purchases till after my statement has been issued. Currently I need to work out the approximate next statement date by applying 19 business days which is often a few days off. This has been suggested by bank mail more than a year ago with no traction. Hopefully it would get more momentum on the forum :-)

Re: Suggestion: Next credit card statement date

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 5 592 Views

Hi @PetersDownunder, thanks so much for your suggestion. The feedback we receive from our customers is a valuable tool in helping us make your Online Banking experience a happy one, and I have passed this on to the team for consideration for future enhancements. In the meantime, the best way to work out your payment cycle, is to add 30 days to the last date of your previously issued statement. This will be the last day of the spending cycle, and payment will be due either 14 or 25 days from then, depending on the type of card you have with us. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Message 3 of 5 591 Views

Thanks for the reply and passing my suggestion on as a potentially feature. The 30 days however doesn't work out at all if looking at my last 3 statements i.e. gap between Feb and March is 33 days whereas the next one from March to April is only 28 days and April to May 31 days.

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 5 590 Views

This would only be the case if the 30th day happened to fall on a weekend or a Public Holiday @PetersDownunder - this is because the bank does not technically process on these days. However, if your account is registered for eStatements, you will receive an email to advise you when a new statement is ready to view.

You may also be interested to know that if you use the Bankwest Mobile App, you are now able to create a Payment Reminder, using the "Easy Alert" option. This will send a Push Notification to your phone 3 days prior to the due date, if at least the minimum repayment amount has not yet been received. To set this up, please select "Easy Alerts > Customise Easy Alerts > Credit Card Payment Due". Thanks!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 5 585 Views

Even eliminating w/ends and holidays still don't get to the correct dates when calculating back to previous statements. I'm aware of all the other features you've mentioned but that's of no use to me as I need to have the exact next statement date in advance. I was in fact quite suprised in phoning the bank to ask for the next statement date and the agent couldn't assist :-( 

Hopefully this important feature to help customers with their speding control would get endorsed :-)

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.