Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Shopping charge on date I was not at shop

Posted by udlbon udlbon
Message 1 of 2 74 Views

A payment from woolworths has appeared on my easy transaction account today for $4.00. It is woolworths in Kwinana however I was not in Kwinana today. Can you please confirm why it has appeared on my account today. Thank you

0 Kudos

Re: Shopping charge on date I was not at shop

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 71 Views

Hi @udlbon, thanks for your enquiry.

If you use PayPass or select the "Credit" option at Point of Sale to process your transactions, it can take up to 3 - 5 business days for these to show as "cleared" on your account. They would first show as "Authorisation Only", and once finalised would show the date of processing.

Payments between banks can only be processed on days when the RBA is open, as banks must settle with the RBA at the end of each day when transfers are made. The RBA is closed on weekends so this process is not able to be completed. Whilst they will still show in your transaction listing, this is why any purchases, or even transfers made on a Saturday, Sunday or Public Holiday would be future dated to the first following business day. When your account statement is issued, these will appear in chronological order.

I hope this helps provide a little more detail as to why there can be delays in processing dates and times.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.