Ask a new question
MN
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Secure code for a new account

Posted by MN MN
Message 1 of 12 912 Views

Hi,

I have opened a new account on 10th Jan, and received an email congratulating me on opening the account, and advising that my secure code will be with me within 5 working days.

I have not received the secure code yet, so called up and was told that it will take 7-10 working days, and I cannot be issued with an new secure code until after the 10 working days have passed.

This is twice the time that the email quoted, and now I will be unable to access my funds already diverted to this account!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
SOLUTION

Re: Secure code for a new account

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 12 909 Views

@MN: If you've not received your Secure Code as yet, it's best to give Bankwest's Online Banking Support team a call - their number is 1300 440 749, and you can confirm that's the correct number by viewing the Logging onto BOB page - http://www.bankwest.com.au/help/personal/online-banking/logging-into-bob (see the yellow How we can help box at the bottom of the page).

Also - make sure that as soon as you've gained access to Online Banking, make sure you setup some secret questions and SMS codes. This will enable to reset your secure code yourself, online, without needing to call or speak to someone.

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 3 of 12 906 Views

Hi @MN, if you have received your PAN in the mail, we can reset your secure code over the phone. If you give us a call on 13 17 19, we can arrange this for you.

0 Kudos
MN

Posted by MN MN
Message 4 of 12 902 Views

I received my PAN by email - can I still change it by calling you?

When I called the other number, they said I couldn't change the secure code until after the 10 working days was past.

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 5 of 12 895 Views

I've spoken with our team and if you can call us o 13 17 19 with your PAN and your mobile handy we can reset you secure code for you @MN. When you speak with us please ensure you provide the feedback you've mentioned so we can find out why you were advised of this above details. Thanks!

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Posted by aworld aworld
Message 6 of 12 338 Views

This is entirely wrong. I joined, got my PAN , got my card, activated my card and then called to request a pin. I was told I had to wait for a call that would take 72 hours or find a branch. I work night shift and now have no way to access my account. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER OF ANY AUSSIE BANK I HAVE DEALT WITH. I WILL TELL EVERYBODY I MEET HOW BAD IT IS- OVER 200 PEOPLE A NIGHT IN MELBOURNE ALONE!

0 Kudos

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 7 of 12 336 Views

Hi @aworld, I'm very sorry to hear of your experience, this is certainly not how we would like our customers to feel. Via the Forum I wouldn't be able to view your details to see what has happened, however may I ask if you have access to online banking? If you have access you can log into online banking via a computer to set the PIN for your new card. ^Sarah

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Posted by aworld aworld
Message 8 of 12 317 Views

NO NO NO  this is wrong information. I have had my PAN for a week and can not get a secure code so I can get a pin on my card. I called 3 times and was told to go to branch, no good when you work night shift and live 20 kms from a branch. Do not perpetuate the myth that customer service helps customers!!!

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.