Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Secure Code for Card

Posted by LynT LynT
Message 1 of 2 387 Views

HI

I am secondary cardholder on my husband's card.  We received the cards a few weeks ago with various letters.  We either did not receive the secure codes at all or we received them and somehow missed that letter.  I did not realise that and attempted to log in using my PAN and various attempts at a secure code (assuming it was one of my various passwords).  The system shut me out and I was told we needed to call to activate it.  I asked my husband to ring (being the primary cardholder) on Tuesday 15 November and he rang, went through the whole waiting scenario and spoke to someone who said I needed to call.  I then rang and said I was ringing to get a secure code and explained the system had locked me out.  After a bit of a conversation the woman asked for my mobile number which I gave.  She then told me because I had changed my mobile number she could not give me the secure code as you can't do both at the same time.  I asked when I would get the secure code and she said she couldn't tell me that - it was all automated and she couldn't say when it would work.  She said I could go to Chermside personally but that will be about 1 and a half hours out of my day so I did not want to do that.  I was very annoyed at the whole situation considering that I told her straight up I was ringing for the secure code.  The phone number was not new although possibly my husband's was listed on the application.  I then rang the following Thursday and was told the same thing.  No the automated system would not let me get a code yet and no, they had no idea when it would. I said So I just have to keep ringing to see if your system will let you yet and she said yes.  I rang again this morning and spoke to a man who said it still cannot give me a secure code and he cannot tell me when I can get one, again saying I could go into the Chermside branch. I am afraid I do not understand this system.  It has now been a week and I do not have a secure code. Can I please get a secure code for my account?

0 Kudos

Re: Secure Code for Card

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 2 386 Views

Hi @LynT, thanks for contacting us in regards to this. While I can certainly see where you're coming from and why you are upset by this, our process is in place to protect the security of your accounts and prevent any unauthorised access. I can understand that it may not be ideal to have to go to our store, however this will be the quickest way to get a secure code issued.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.