Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

SMS code

Posted by bresler bresler
Message 1 of 2 287 Views

The help file says  "When making payments to a new recipient  or above a certain amount  you will be prompted to enter an SMS code"

Please advise what that  "certain amount"  is for  Pay AnyBody to an existing recipient ?

(because I lost my mobile phone - I'm hoping that  "certain amount"  will be enough to do the payment without SMS code)

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: SMS code

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 266 Views

Hi @bresler, thanks for your enquiry. As the SMS Code is a security feature, there is not a specific amount for all customers, which means I won't be able to provide a figure I'm sorry. We need to verify that all transactions or transfers are made by you, regardless of the amount which is why on occasion, you may be asked to input an SMS Code, even if you are sending funds to a saved recipient.  
If you're unable to access your registered Australian mobile number, an exemption can be placed on the SMS Code to allow you to send funds without this type of verification. To have this actioned you do need to be verbally identified, so we would ask that you call our Contact Centre on 13 17 19 if this is required. Thank you.

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.