Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

SMS alert for internet banking transfer

Posted by Kyliekd78 Kyliekd78
Message 1 of 4 206 Views

Will i receive an sms alert for evey transfer through internet banking or is it only for the first transfer to a new payeeW

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: SMS alert for internet banking transfer

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 4 203 Views

Hi @Kyliekd78, thanks for your enquiry.

The SMS Code would only be required if you’re transferring funds via Online Banking to a new, or previously unsaved recipient. It might interest you to know however, that if you use the Bankwest Mobile App with a PIN or Fingerprint login, you shouldn't require SMS security when processing a transfer.

This link may assist you with any further questions you may have regarding SMS Code or Online Banking.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Posted by Kyliekd78 Kyliekd78
Message 3 of 4 202 Views

Sorry I think you misunderstood - I completed an on line transfer and received an sms advising that I had transferred $x and if this was incorrect to call.

Will I get this message for every transfer I make?

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 4 197 Views

My apologies @Kyliekd78.

It will only be for new transfers, limit increases as well as transfers above a certain limit. There may be occasions in which you receive an SMS outside of these terms, or one is not received. Certain criteria would prompt a notification to be sent, however this does vary for all transfers.

Hope this clarifies Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.