Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Problems with BankWest mobile app

Posted by jimbolger jimbolger
Message 1 of 5 2,306 Views

Back in 2015 I experienced a problem with the app on my iPhone 4. It had been working perfectly but then in March 2015 when I attemped to login on my iPhone I got the message "Oops... Something went wrong, please try again later"

I attemped many things including unisntalling and reinstalling, changing my secure code but still same issue.

In November 2015 I got and iPhone 6s and once set up had the same problem.  After uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail I contacted BanWest and although the person helping did try several things with me and her team it never was sorted and I just deleted the app and didn't use it. 

In May last year I lost my iPhone 6s and acquired another one (still 6s).  Just recently I tried again and downloaded the lastest version of the app V3.12 I think and got the same message.  I rang and reset my secure code which again did not work.  I rang back again and was told maybe it is something in the settings in my iPhone.  I tried to get help in this regard via a number of sources both friends (free),  IT and phone solutions (not free) and nothing has been found infact I was told it's possibly in the app itself.

Could someone please look into this again for me - I obviously can work around it by logging into the full website but it is frustrating me that the app wont work over 4 years on 3 different iPhones when it did initially.

Thanks

Jim Bolger

0 Kudos

Re: Problems with BankWest mobile app

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 5 2,297 Views

Hey @jimbolger, that is indeed very, very strange! And I definitely understand why you'd be frustrated.

I can see that you've already done quite a few things to try and get this working. It may be worth just trying one more - if you can log into your Online Banking from a PC and select "Self Service > Manage Devices". You can then then de-register your device by clicking the "remove" button. You'll then need to try and login to the app using your PAN and Secure Code, and select "Settings" to re-register for PIN and/or Fingerprint login if you've set this up. You'll also need to re-apply your Easy Alerts you may have previously had set-up.

This is an app "refresh" of sorts and generally helps with any strange issues
- if that doesn't work would you please be able to send an email to Forum@Bankwest.com.au with your full name, Forum username as well as the specs of your current device - including the App version, software details (iOS version and device information) so that I can have this looked into further by our Mobile Team? We'll then be able to come back to you there with any further updates/troubleshooting.

Thank you.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 5 2,279 Views

Hi Danea,

Yes Frustrating.  When I go to the registered device section on my PC it says no devices are registered.  I dont know if that may help.

Anyway full name is James Daniel Bolger

Forum name is jimbolger

my device is an iPhone 6S

Operatiing system IOS 12.1.4 (latest version)

Bankwest App is version 3.12.0

Thanks for getting back to me.

Hope you can help

Cheers

Jim

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 5 2,263 Views

All solved - thanks to all those at BankWest who helped. 

For those interested the problem was I have a Telenet Saver account which should be linked to another existing account.  The account it was linked to hasn't existed for some time. Once linked to an existing account the problem was solved and the mobile app now works as it should.

Kind regards

Jim

0 Kudos

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 5 of 5 2,259 Views

I'm so glad we got there in the end @jimbolger

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.