Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Prevention mechanism for online fraud

Posted by Holly0650 Holly0650
Message 1 of 2 474 Views

Hi Bankwest

last week I was hit with an unauthorised transaction on my account

with the sms code generator  in place with Bankwest already

could an online transaction option be put in place to allow confirmation of online transactions 

#. opt into it

#. set your online limit (expenses over $150 say)

then any time your accounts are used for online transactions,

as  the authorisation appears in our accounts 

we receive a text along the lines of

on this date, for this value, with this vendor, this amount is being transacted - IS THIS YOU? - please reply yes or no

yes 

allows the transaction through

no

stops it in its tracks

This would result in 

less unauthorised transactions and cards being canceled and monies reimbursed etc

and less vendors being transacted by scammers

I would even pay the 5c or whatever per sms to be able to avoid what I am currently going through 

Thanks 

0 Kudos

Re: Prevention mechanism for online fraud

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 469 Views

Hey @Holly0650, I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened and I do hope we're able to have this resolved quickly for you. This is a fantastic suggestion - the feedback we receive from our customers is a valuable tool in helping us to make your banking experience a happy one. I have passed this on to our tech teams for them to take a look at and will keep you posted on any changes. Thank you.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.