Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Rookie
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Paypal-- what is the routing number

Posted by hebbr19 hebbr19
Message 1 of 6 1,183 Views

I am a student and do not have a credit card so i want to use paypal. When using paypal and linking my bank account it says routing number and account number. Can anyone tell me what the routing number is?

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: Paypal-- what is the routing number

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 6 1,181 Views

Hi @hebbr19, I've just had a look at the paypal website, and when trying to link an account it has asked me for a BSB & account number. The routing number should only be requested if you are adding an American Bank Account, Thanks!

0 Kudos
Rookie

Message 3 of 6 1,178 Views

Hi lyndsC

I am not able to find anywhere that lets me use an australian bank account.

0 Kudos

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 4 of 6 1,167 Views

Hi @hebbr19, I'm just looking into this and from what I can tell if you are signing up for a PayPal account on the Australian PayPal website you should just need your BSB and Account number. They may call a BSB the routing number? It may be best to check with PayPal how to set this up. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Rookie

Message 5 of 6 1,160 Views

Hi

When linking my bank account it asked for bsb number and account number. I entered the bsb number but when it came to the account number it asked for 9 numbers yet my account number is 13. I entered the first 9 and it processed it so will this work?

0 Kudos

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 6 of 6 1,142 Views

Hi @hebbr19, may I ask if you entered an account number or your credit card number? Just want to check why your account number was this long.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.