Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Pay anyone difficulties

Posted by Danielle Danielle
Message 1 of 7 815 Views

I have just been approved for new bankwest breeze credit card.. trying to make a pay anyone transfer but keeps coming up insufficient funds.. even though there is available funds there? 

Re: Pay anyone difficulties

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 7 811 Views

Hi @Danielle, via the Forum we're unable to identify you so I can see why this may be the case however there are two main reasons this could be happening. First would be if the card is not activated. You can do this once the card arrives. Secondly Bankwest has restrictions on the amount of cash that can be withdrawn from credit cards. This restriction may be why you have been unable to transfer funds as a cash advance from your Mastercard.

Cash advances on our credit card products generally have higher interest rates and fees than purchases and therefore we have restrictions on cash advances in place. These restrictions can not be removed and all cash advance transactions are assessed according to our credit risk assessment and may vary depending on your individual circumstances. If you have any further questions please just let me know.

0 Kudos

Posted by KALE KALE
Message 3 of 7 508 Views

I am in a similar situation to Danielle - new Breeze Mastercard, cannot use the Pay Anyone feature. So how does one get assessed for credit risk management in order to have these restrictions lifted?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 7 506 Views

Thanks for your questions @KALE, while I can certainly understand why you'd like to know this information, the assessment criteria behind our cash advance restrictions are not something we can disclose, but are based on a number of factors and may differ between customers and are not something we can remove.

As credit cards are generally not designed as way to withdraw/access cash, but more to assist in making purchases through a merchant, they do often have higher interest rates and fees applied to cash advance transactions than they do for purchases. If you'd like us to look into this further, or discuss your other options for obtaining cash please give us a call on 13 17 19, or alternatively you can log into online banking during WA business hours from a computer and select "chat now". Thanks.

0 Kudos

Posted by KALE KALE
Message 5 of 7 505 Views

Thank you for the info @LyndsC, if I were to visit a branch would this be possible?

0 Kudos

Posted by KALE KALE
Message 6 of 7 504 Views

(For cash withdrawals, and Pay AnyBody transfers, if I were to visit a Westbank* branch) 

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 7 of 7 502 Views

Any restrictions on cash advances would still apply if you go into a store @KALE, and they would not be able to make changes to this.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.