Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

PAN won't work

[ Edited ]
Posted by thefourblackbars thefourblackbars
Message 1 of 6 1,698 Views

Hi there, 

I'm living in Taiwan and I tried to access my Bankwest account online but it wont work.

I reset my password but it seems like there is an issue with the PAN. 

What can I do? I cannot call out, is it possible for someone to call me? I have all the relevant documentation. 

Kind regards

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Re: PAN won't work

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 6 1,688 Views

Sorry to hear you're having trouble @thefourblackbars.

If you're unable to access your registered Australian mobile, you'll need to be verbally identified to reset your Online Banking access - do you have a landline telephone per chance? If so, you can call our Contact Centre on +61 8 9486 4130 from overseas.

This is a 24/7 reverse charges number when calling from a landline, though as you would need to contact the International Operator in the country you are in, I am unable to advise if there would be any charges applied by the local or international telephone company for contacting the operator.

Alternatively you can call us on +61 8 9449 2840 using Skype - please note that standard international call/Skype rates will apply.

We will be able to give you a call if preferred - though please note that due to volumes this would be within the next 1 - 2 business days. If you'd like to go ahead, please send your full name, Forum username and best contact number to Forum@Bankwest.com.au.

Thank you.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by defman defman
Message 3 of 6 1,629 Views

Just had this happened to me just recenlty. I updated my mobile number, then stuff, then find I can't get in, and I got email from my bank saying they'll holds my transfer until I have to call tthem on the phone. I'm deaf. I tried with mum, she's hearing, but atupid woman on the phone refused to hear my reply. A previous woman BEFORE her was much better, she accepted my verbal replies, but not this woman. Makes me so ANGRY!

I can't get into my bank account, nothing. No time to get to the **bleep**ing bank brance. What do I do, then?

I feels discriminated, everyithng has to be **bleep**ing auditory, nothing for deafs!!!@!!!slkasdfklahjsdf;lkas

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 6 1,623 Views

Hi @defman, I'm very sorry to hear this, it's certainly not at all how we want anyone to be feeling.

For security and privacy reasons, we're only able to speak with the account owner, which sounds like why the consultant on the phone wasn't able to accept your responses via your mother and asked you to visit a branch. This is also so that we can sight ID and update any required details for you, in a secure manner.

Can I ask, did you happen to call us via the National Relay Service? If not, this would be the best way to speak with us over the phone (if you're unable to get into a branch), as this is a service available specifically for those who are hearing impaired. It is in-line with the Privacy Act, which is why we're able to assist customers via this channel.

If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please send your full name, and Forum Username to Forum@Bankwest.com.au, and we'll get in touch to confirm how we can resolve this going forward.

Thank you.

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

Posted by defman defman
Message 5 of 6 1,608 Views

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Thanks. Your reference to National Relay Service reminds me and I tried them, and got through and sorted it, then was told to go to a branch again (this time different one) and so I duly did and finally it all got sorted, okay. Thanks for the reminder, I appreciates it. Merry Christmas! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy  Sorry for my bleeps, eh Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 6 of 6 1,604 Views

I'm really glad that this was sorted for you @defman - please do let us know if you have any further questions. I hope you also have a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year Smiley Happy

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.