Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Forum Manager

Online banking update - v16.1 Release Notes

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 1 of 7 1,966 Views

It hasn’t been long since v16.0 when we introduced some changes to online banking based on customer feedback and now v16.1 is upon us with more improvements for both our personal and business customers. The updates should be live by the end of today.

For personal and business banking customers (when logged into ‘Online Banking – Personal’

• We’re expanding our merchant reporting function to provide access to fee statements for our merchant facility customers. Customers with a Bankwest/CBA merchant facility can now download their monthly fee statements, showing fees and charges for provision of the merchant facility.

v16.1 merchantstatements.png

v16.1 overseasform.png

As always, keep your fantastic feedback coming through so we can keep improving your banking experience with us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
○ If you find a response helpful remember to give it 'Kudos'.
○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
Senior Contributor

Re: Online banking update - v16.1 Release Notes

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 7 1,961 Views

@PeteW: Have put the Overseas notification through its paces, and I've got some enhancement suggestions i'd like to make for consideration in a future BOB release.

1) A 'slightly smarter' date selector: If my From date is in May, my To date isn't going to be in April - unless i'm planning to travel back in time after Bankwest approves my personal car loan for a DeLorean DMC-12. Smiley Wink

So - when the customer selects and enters the From date, update the calendar for the To date field - inferring what month and year should be dispayed based on the user input in the From date field.

i.e. For example, I'm logged in and using the form today (13/4/16) and the From date is set was 1/5/2016. However when I click in the To field to select the To date, it's still showing the April calendar, rather than having updated the calendar and advanced it to display May 2016.

After all, i

2) Country selection: Come up with a searchable 'tag' field, where the customer can type in part of the country name, then a list will appear allowing them to select the relevant entry - to speed up both customer data entry into the form, and ensure consistent output for the staff/systems handling the information arising from the form.

This description from the Jive Software page is the best explaination/example of how a compariable method I'm describing work (https://community.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-105480). Can't give you any screen shots or examples of this method, as it's a Commercial-In-Confidence platform which I'd have to take them from.

i.e. so if I start by typing United, it would give me an option to select United States of America or United Arab Emirates. Simarly, if I entered Eng, it would show United Kingdom in the list as the correct country name.

3) Phone numbers: The numbers displayed on the post-submission page for the Overseas travel notification are the USA numbers for MasterCard and Visa International.

If suggestion #2 can be implimented, the post-submission page could infer information from the countries visited AND the types of cards the customer has been issued, to programatically to provide the country-specific contact numbers for where they're visiting.

It could even go further, and provide a small PDF download, which is a customised wallet card with the contact details for the countries their visiting and the types of cards they have; or even a link to download vCards that the user could open on their phone or desktop contacts app to save that information without having to key it in manually.

Forum Manager

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 3 of 7 1,943 Views

As always, thanks for your quick and helpful feedback @thewinchester.

1 - Totally agree with this and shouldn't be a difficult change to have implemented.

2 - I like the sound of this one too so will see what can be done.

3 - I know we chose the International number so it applies to all countries/customers rather than giving different numbers for each country our customer plans to visit. I like your idea from a personalisation perspective but at the same time, a single contact number makes things easier. They can help arrange a replacement card and even access to emergency cash.

○ If it answered your question, make it easier for others to find by selecting 'Accept as Solution'.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Message 4 of 7 1,941 Views

I'm just disapointed @PeteW that the Back To The Future reference didn't illicit a chuckle, or at the very least a rye smile and a link to the BWA page on personal car loans if I was actually interested.

Forum Manager

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 5 of 7 1,932 Views

Sorry @thewinchester, it definitely did give me a chuckle to start my hectic day Smiley Very Happy I could've slowed down and taken the time to express that but when I think of it, Doc was always in a hurry too and he had a time machine...

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Message 6 of 7 1,931 Views

Before I forget @PeteW, the date picker used on the new overseas notification form is different (and improved) compared to the date picker used for the rest of BOB. It's also more tablet friendly.

Any chance that new date picker will be rolled out across the rest of the BOB interface anytime soon?

0 Kudos
Forum Manager

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 7 of 7 1,656 Views

Good pick up @thewinchester and thanks for the feedback.

We plan to update to this new style as and when the opportunity arises (to be quite honest). It's not a priority piece of work for us so the development work/update gets bundled into bigger ticket items.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.