on 02-09-2019 09:51 PM
I would like to move to online banking and I was about to complete the login step however I dont have AUS mobile number to receive SMS for account vertification. Appreciate if you could advise steps that I can follow. In addition, I am currently working in Hong Kong and would like to transfer money (in AUD) to my account at BankWest. What is the SWIFT code for BankWest ? Besides SWIFT code, what other code I need for money transfer ? One move question, can I create a multi currencies account ? is it possible to deposit money in USD in my account ? Thanks !
on 03-09-2019 01:28 PM
Hi @Vlanlan thanks for reaching out.
1) If you're unable to receive the SMS Code for any reason, we'll need to verbally ID you to reset your secure code and get you into online banking.
Our Contact Centre is available on +61 8 9449 2840 using a landline, mobile or Skype - please note that standard international call/Skype rates will apply.
Otherwise, if you call +61 8 9486 4130 using a landline, you can reverse the charges. You would need to contact the International Operator in the country you are in, so keep in mind that we are unable to advise if there would be any charges applied by the local or international telephone company for contacting the operator.
Our Contact Centre is available at any time for your convenience.
2) To receive funds from overseas you may need a few of the following details;
- Your BSB and account number,
- SWIFT code - BKWAAU6P,
- The banks address - 300 Murray Street Perth WA 6000
- Your full name and street address (cannot be a PO Box)
There is a processing fee of $10 per International deposit into your account.
Other bank charges and fees are unknown to us and therefore not accounted for in the fees quoted above. This could mean that you may receive a lesser amount in your account of what the sender had originally sent. Other bank fees and Agent fees are out of our control.
Before the funds are received into your account, they will be converted to AUD.
3) We don't offer multi-currency or USD accounts I'm sorry.