Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Online Banking not working in Chrome

Posted by valkorum valkorum
Message 1 of 4 1,790 Views

Hi

I have noticed that in Google Chrome my internet banking does not work - I get the following error

ibs.bankwest.com.au didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

I am using Version 64.0.3282.167 - which is 1 version from latest of 65.0.3325.162

If I switch to IE then internet banking works fine.  It is an inconvenience for me to switch to IE just so I can access online banking.

SOLUTION

Re: Online Banking not working in Chrome

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 4 1,782 Views

Hi @valkorum, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble logging in. We're aware of an issue that was affecting Online Banking logins. Can I ask you to update to the most recent version of Chrome, delete any saved bookmarks/favourites/links and clear your cookies and cache? This should help - let me know how you go.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

Posted by BitcoinNoddy BitcoinNoddy
Message 3 of 4 1,585 Views

I was using Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Upgraded to Version 66.0.3359.117 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Cleared cache and cookies

Now it's working. 

Forum Manager

Posted by AlexM AlexM
Message 4 of 4 1,579 Views

Hi @BitcoinNoddy  - glad to hear it is sorted.

We noticed a bit of a trend of customers using Chrome who had a little trouble logging in lately, but the cookies/cache clear has been the fix each time.

Thanks for banking with us!

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.