Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Online Banking - Transactions out of date/time

[ Edited ]
Posted by ray-bw ray-bw
Message 1 of 2 930 Views

Good Day,

I use my Platinum Debit Cart for purchases. I never use paypass i.e always use the pin so transactions should be effective immediately. However, noted that internet banking:

a) Display transactions not sorted by date/time i.e transactions are displayed at random order and latest transactions may appear below the old ones.

b) If transaction is made on say 5th day - it will appear in online banking immidietely but date will show 7th ???

It is a bug and it is very hard to track transactions... easy to miss some...

Please help to solve this issue

0 Kudos

Re: Online Banking - Transactions out of date/time

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 2 921 Views

Hi @ray-bw, thanks for reaching out.

Transactions are posted to accounts based on the processing date and reconciliation time frames between Banks. This can lead to transactions appearing on your transaction listing in a different order to how they were performed.

Additionally, transfers performed over the weekend or on a public holiday will generally not be processed until the next business day.

This is the way our software has been set up and at this point in time is unable to be changed. I can confirm that when your statement is issued the transactions are listed on the initiation date, and not the processing date - and have passed on your feedback.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.