Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Online Banking Security

[ Edited ]
Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 1 of 3 1,636 Views

Online banking has made it easier to do banking from the comfort of your home, without the need to make a call or visit a store in many cases. And while we have absolute confidence in our online banking system and protecting your accounts, which is why we offer a No Loss Security Guarantee, it’s important you takes steps to protect yourself.

Look after your computer by keeping your operating system, internet browser, antivirus and firewall software up to date.

Keep your online bank accounts secure by; creating a strong secure code using a combination of letters, numbers and symbols, change your secure code regularly and don’t store it in an easy to find place (especially not your mobile device!).

If you’re using a public WiFi network, limit your tasks to online browsing and avoid using it for and banking or other tasks which require you to enter any login details.

Check out the online security section of our security centre for more tips, including how to report any suspicious activity. If you have any questions, please just ask away Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Re: Online Banking Security

Posted by Cocko56 Cocko56
Message 2 of 3 1,247 Views

Since the Bankwest website upgrade, my browser now retains my security code. It is an old business system running XP pro and Firefox.  Now others using the system can login to my banking. Never had this problem before.

0 Kudos

Re: Online Banking Security

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 3 of 3 1,245 Views

Hi @Cocko56, I've just checked with our team and can confirm that our Online banking and Website are separate and should not affect each other. If you'd like you can do an online search for how to delete saved passwords for your browser. These two links may help: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/731567  or http://www.technipages.com/delete-saved-password-firefox 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.