Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Online Banking Access

Posted by Simmo Simmo
Message 1 of 7 650 Views

Is anybody else experience issues loggin into the online banking?

0 Kudos

Re: Online Banking Access

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 2 of 7 646 Views

Hi @Simmo, we're aware of an issue that was affecting logins earlier this morning, can I ask you to close down your browser then re-open, and login entering www.bankwest.com.au in the address bar? If this doesn't work, try clearing your Cookies/Cache/Temporary Internet Files - and let me know how you go. Thank you

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by IJMG IJMG
Message 3 of 7 642 Views

Hi,

We use Chrome browser (Version 64.0.3282.186) on Mac (macOS High Sierra vs 10.13.3) and they are all up to date. Early this morning I tried to log in to my personal banking and only got a "This site can't be reached" message. It clearly reached your servers as the URL was https://ibs.bankwest.com.au/WWLogin/rib.aspx

I tried on Safari and could log in.  However when I tried to send you a message using secure mail it crashed. I then called your IT department as was told that your advice is for customers to use Internet Explorer.  Really Internet Explorer!

Well over 50% of internet users browse the internet with Google Chrome and there isn't a supported Internet Explorer for Macs. Apple only has approximately 10% of the personal computer market but surely BankWest care about thsi segment of customers also. I know there is a workaround to view IE websites on a Mac but I generally do not use them for good reason. I haven't touched Microsoft products for 10 years and there is no way I'm going back to having viruses and frozen screens.  

This is 2018, surely BankWest can do better than this.  By the way, there is something up with your SSL certificate because when I got the message the URL had the circled i  in front of it (Google flagging unencrypted websites).

Just checked again, and I can still not log in which is a hassle as I have both personal and business banking with you.

Hoping for a solution very soon.

Regards,

Jenny

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 12.07.23 pm.png

0 Kudos

Posted by IJMG IJMG
Message 4 of 7 641 Views

Hi Simmo,

Just out of interest, what type of computer, operating system and browser do you use?

I have trouble and I have a Mac, latest version of High Sierra and I use Chrome (also latest version).

I'm located in WA.

Cheers,

0 Kudos

Posted by AlexM AlexM
Message 5 of 7 635 Views

Hi Jenny,

Sorry about the experience when you called our contact centre. We do indeed support a number of browsers, including Chrome, IE and Safari. We'd ordinarily ask if switching browsers has fixed a problem (in order to narrow down the issue).

Given that you can login using Safari, it sounds like an issue with Chrome only. In this case we'd recommend that you clear your cache/cookies - you should be successful in logging in after that (and you should see the certificate issue resolved as well). Let me know how this goes!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by IJMG IJMG
Message 6 of 7 612 Views

Hi AlexM,

Yes, I can now log in.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Posted by AlexM AlexM
Message 7 of 7 611 Views

Great, hopefully smooth sailing from here Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.