Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Online Access

Posted by shlomo shlomo
Message 1 of 4 955 Views

Cannot log into my BOB on my private laptop. It keeps saying my session has timed out. Help!

0 Kudos

Re: Online Access

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 4 953 Views

Hi @shlomo, it may be best to try clearing your temporary files and cookies, before attempting to log in again. You can follow the below steps if you use Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.

Internet Explorer 8 or later:

1. start Internet Explorer
  2. click the Safety menu in the upper right corner, click Delete Browsing History..
  3. un-tick Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History
  4. click Delete

Mozilla Firefox

1. start Mozilla Firefox
  2. From the Tools menu, select Clear Recent History
  3. From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything
  4. Click the down arrow next to Details to choose what history elements to clear (e.g., check Cookies to clear cookies). Click Clear Now
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 3 of 4 953 Views

@shlomo: There's some basic troubleshooting you can do to isolate the issue, including:

1. Clear your browser cache, cookies and history.
  2. Try an alternate web browser (i.e. Safari, Firefox, Chrome), and ensure you're running the latest version of your web browser.
  3. Try a different connection to the internet (i.e. try a hotspot from your mobile, or connect to a different mobile network).
  4. Ensure your computer is up to date, running all the lastest software updates, patches and security fixes for your operating system.

If the issues persist after those steps, call Bankwest on 1300 440 749 for assistance.

Posted by mayhewga mayhewga
Message 4 of 4 798 Views

shlomo wrote:

Cannot log into my BOB on my private laptop. It keeps saying my session has timed out. Help!

Shlomo, I too have been having the same problem for several months.

Each and every time I want to log in on my Chromebook I get the message:

"time out

Your Internet Banking session has been timed out. Please log on."

So I try to log on again and the same reply is generated.

Now it seems very easy to solve according to Bankwest... just clear all your cookies, browsing history etc. but to have to do this every single time (several times a day) is a pain. Especialy because not only does it clear whatever the Bankwest site thinks is wrong, but that action also clears all my other stuff, so I lose all my history, my logins etc etc for every site I use.

I have been told by my local branch staff and the phone staff that mine is the very first incidence of this they have ever heard of and that it must be my browser/computer/ whatever.

However seeing as how you too are having the same problem it is not a unique fault with just me is it?

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.