Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Monthly Everyday Account Fees

Posted by Luis Luis
Message 1 of 2 238 Views

Hi

Regarding account fees- I had in Aug and Sept over$5,000 in my everyday account and I was charged the monthly fees of $6 per month. I thought if I had the minimum of $2,000 in my account then no monthly fees should apply? Can you please advice?

Re home loan interest - for the month of december my interest were lower than for the month of Januay even though my loan balance was lower in January than december. why was Janaury interest higher than december? Also Can you please advice how interest are calculated?

Thanks

Luis

0 Kudos

Re: Monthly Everyday Account Fees

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 2 235 Views

Hi @Luis, thanks for contacting us in regards to this. For the $6 maintenance fee on your everyday account this is charged if $2,000 does not pass through the account each month. So it's not a minimum account amount but a minimum amount needs to be deposited into the account.

In regards to the interest, this may be due to the amount of business days in each month. Interested is calculated daily and if for example there are more days in one month or the statement isn't until the beginning of the next month (due to the month ending on a weekend or public holiday) etc. If you'd like you can log into online banking via a computer to live chat with our team to discuss both of these further.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.