Highlighted
Forum Manager
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

Message centre - Notifications

[ Edited ]
Posted by JeremyL JeremyL
Message 1 of 7 2,887 Views

We know you don't always have time for a chat so we have some simple ways for you to keep in touch without having to call us.

Notifications keep you informed of certain transactions and any changes to your security settings or contact details. It's a great way to monitor your account and flag any suspicious activity.

You can select new notifications from your account balance screen or select mesage centre from the menu of Online Banking to see any new notifications that come through.

What types of notifications may I receive?

You'll receive a mix of notifications related to BOB activity and payments which should help alert you to potential suspicious activity on your account or any missed scheduled payments. You'll receive a notification whenever:

• your mobile number, email address or secure code is updated
  • if your SMS code or secret questions have been frozen
  • you make a payment to a new recipient or for a value greater than a certain amount
  • you modify an existing recipient
  • your secret questions are changed
  • you increase your daily payment limits
  • a schedule payment can't be made as your account has insufficient funds

Can I view older notifications?

Absolutely - to view older notifications, click on the show all notifications under the able. Only the last 100 or previous 6 months of notification will display.

Can I receive notifications to my email address?

Yes - but only for the following acitivies:

• whenever your mobile number, email address or secure code is updated
  • if your SMS code or secret questions have been frozen
  • you make a payment to a new recipient or for a value greater than a certain amount

To check that the email is geniuine, login to your Online Banking to see the corresponding notification.

Can I stop receiving notifications?

Notifications cannot be disabled. We need to make sure our customers are aware of any activity that is occurring on the account. 

We hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Re: Message centre - Notifications

[ Edited ]
Posted by Palazzo Palazzo
Message 2 of 7 1,814 Views

Can I Please confirm my new Phone number and email address?

Regards

Frank Palazzo

xxxxxxxxx

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 3 of 7 1,811 Views

Hi Frank, for security reasons we can't access or discuss any personal account information over Facebook, so we'd need to speak with you over the phone to update these. If you can please give us a call on 13 17 19, we can assist with this. Thanks!

*Please note that your original message has been edited to remove personal information.*

0 Kudos

Posted by Geoffers Geoffers
Message 4 of 7 1,104 Views

My wife and I have a joint Hero account and each have a debit card operating on the account. I do all the financial work to track the accounts, so my wife rarely logs in under her own PAN. Today she did that and found a "notification" dated 31/7/17 that the PIN on her debit card had been changed and that she should call Bankwest if it had not been her who changed it. I was aware that there were no suspect transactions on the card and in fact she had used it with the same PIN since the date of the notification. She called Bankwest to try and clear it up and after waiting on hold for 15 minutes she was told it must have been a notification meant for another customer. She complained about having to wait online to query a notification sent in error by Bankwest. The Bankwest rep asked her "well, what would you like me to say". Sorry would have been a polite response.

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 5 of 7 1,067 Views

I'm sorry to hear this @Geoffers, this certainly isn't the type of experience we want our customers to have. For security reasons I can't access or discuss any personal account information over the Forum, however if you can please ask your wife to send through a Bankmail message in her online banking, with the details of what's happened and address it to LyndsC in the social media team, I will ensure that this is followed up and addressed with the person that she spoke with and their manager.

You can access Bankmail by logging into online banking via http://Bankwest.com.au and selecting "Message centre" from the left hand menu, and then "Bankmail". Thanks

0 Kudos

Posted by 1981gkr 1981gkr
Message 6 of 7 609 Views

Hi Jeremy,

You never actually answered the queston on the link that i clicked from within the Banking system.

The question is: "Can i stop receiving notifications?"

Can you please provide me the correct link to this answer? Or answer the question for me.

How can i turn off the notifications? 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Manager
SOLUTION

Posted by JeremyL JeremyL
Message 7 of 7 591 Views

Hi @1981gkr , thank you for raising this to my attention! I have now updated the original post.

To answer the question, we're not able to turn off notifications. The reason for this, is to ensure our customers are aware of transactions that are occurring on the account. We want to make sure our customers have full transparency of any activity.

I hope this answers your question.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.