Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Making Payments to Pay ID

Posted by Rima Rima
Message 1 of 8 1,066 Views

Hello,

Just wondering how I would go about making a payment to someone else's Pay ID? I can't seem to from the app & it still only gives the option of BSB & Account Number?

Thank you! 

0 Kudos

Re: Making Payments to Pay ID

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 8 1,065 Views

Thanks for reaching out Rima, whilst you can now register & use Pay ID to receive payments via your mobile number, this is the first stage of our release. In the coming months, Bankwest customers with an eligible account will also be able to send faster payments via the new payment infrastructure. We'll keep you posted on this, thanks!

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Posted by Gooner21 Gooner21
Message 3 of 8 999 Views

Any time lines for this ?? 

Ive had 3 people in the last week ask to pay them using PayID.... registered ok but I cant pay them !

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 8 997 Views

Hey @Gooner21, I definitely appreciate you're keen on this, I am too!

We don't have a date to provide at the moment I'm sorry, but this will occur in the coming months. We'll definitely keep you posted on this, and you'll also receive a notification in your Online Banking when it's ready to go.

Thank you.

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by Chris2 Chris2
Message 5 of 8 540 Views

Honestly, this is really not good enough.

I cannot see the point enabling this as receipt-only, when every other bank I use allows me to send and recieve money using a payID.

Furthermore; all of your help and FAQ info is written to obscure this. I have spent over an hour using the online portal and the phone app, trying to work out what I am doing wrong because I can't figure out how pay someone with payID. I even read the payID FAQ TWICE because I thought I must be missing something totally obvious.

If you have only half-implemented payID, why is that not clearly explained anywhere? Why is the best response on this forum canned PR which acknowledges nothing and commits to nothing. I am sick of wasting my time recently with what used to be such a customer-focused bank.

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 6 of 8 516 Views

Hi @Chris2, I can certainly appreciate that not yet being able to process transfers by PayID is both frustrating and disappointing and am very sorry we don't have a date to provide at this stage. I've passed your feedback through to our PayID Team.

0 Kudos

Posted by Rima Rima
Message 7 of 8 107 Views

Is there any update on this? Even a ball park time frame. Anything!

It's just getting really frustrating now.

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 8 of 8 101 Views

Hey @Rima, we're aware many of our customers are keen to send using PayID and we hope to have this available in the coming months. As soon as we have a launch date, we'll let our customers know. Thank you for your patience Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.