Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Locked out of internet banking

Posted by Sammyh Sammyh
Message 1 of 9 666 Views

I recently reset my online banking pin but have obviously written it down wrong as i can no longer log into my online account and i have now been locked out..... I've just got off the phone to your call centre who told me that my account is now locked indefinately and they cant give me a time frame for when it will be unlocked! There was no attempt to try and verify with ID over the phone or ask any secret questions. I was told my only option is to attend a local branch which is an issue as they closed my branch and the nearest one is over an hour drive from home! Very annoying security protocols and poor customer service!

Forum Manager

Re: Locked out of internet banking

[ Edited ]
Posted by AlexM AlexM
Message 2 of 9 661 Views

Hi @Sammyh, really sorry to read of the experience.

Our ID procedures are in place to protect your financial information and ensure everyone's security, but I do understand it puts you in a tough position in circumstances like the above.

If you can pop me through your best contact number in an email to forum@bankwest.com.au (please also include your forum username so we can refer back to your post) we'll get in touch to discuss the best way forward with you.

Hope we hear from you soon.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by Sammyh Sammyh
Message 3 of 9 645 Views

Still waiting for a call back after an email sent with contact details and still locked out of my accounts.....another customer service fail....

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 4 of 9 642 Views

Hi @Sammyh, apologies for the delay in our reply to your email.
I can confirm that we have arranged a call for you - the timeframe for a call is generally within 24 hours though we will be in touch ASAP.
Thank you.

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Posted by Andrewter Andrewter
Message 5 of 9 627 Views

0 Kudos

Posted by Andrewter Andrewter
Message 6 of 9 626 Views

DO NOT bank with bankwest! 

Called customer service to help solve an issue with a direct debit that was not working for savings account; they asked me a few questions then immediately locked me out and told me to go to a branch. No clarifications as to why. They accused me of being a hacker. No supervisor could call me back for 48 hours.

Even worse, no email or text was sent to me to tell me my account was potentially compromised - if it was a legitimate threat why shouldn’t I be informed?? Why would they only tell the hacker to go to a branch?! I will go to branch tomorrow to close account. I have accounts with CBA, ING and NAB- all better products. 

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 7 of 9 614 Views

Hi @Andrewter, I have just responded to your other post in regards to this.

Whilst I can't access or discuss any personal account information over the forum, I'd really like to look into this further for you. Can you please send me an email to forum@bankwest.com.au with your full name, contact number and forum username and I will follow this up for you? Thanks

0 Kudos

Posted by bruce bruce
Message 8 of 9 22 Views

I have banked with Bank west for over 10 years .i had all the ID that was  needed to  enquire about my account  i have a disability and need my nett banking, but thay still locked me out of my account told me to visit my branch

the next day  . Bank west   closed my  branch down  a month ago  i  now have to travel on public transport  25 ks to Chatswood  

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.