Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Joint Account - Cannot see scheduled payment details

Posted by slaneyrw slaneyrw
Message 1 of 6 519 Views

My partner has set up all our scheduled/recurring bill payments and I needed to update the account number for one of the BPay payments.

When I went to the list of scheduled payments it's empty.

Why can't I see the list of scheduled payments, it comes up when she logs in ?

0 Kudos

Re: Joint Account - Cannot see scheduled payment details

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 6 508 Views

Hi @slaneyrw, when a scheduled payment is made, it will only show in the online banking from which it was created, regardless of if the account its processed from is in joint names or not. To update the payment, your partner will need to log into her own online banking I'm sorry. If she can't remember her log in details, she can call our Contact Centre on 13 17 19 at anytime to have these reissued.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Message 3 of 6 501 Views

What an insane decision... that just encourages sharing of account details so a household can *effectively* maintain their finances.

No, my partner has NOT lost her details, I just needed to wait 12 hours before I could update the details.

And I might add, BW is the first institution that I have banked with that imposes this restriction.

When can I get this behaviour changed ?

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 6 490 Views

I'm sorry you feel this way @slaneyrw, I will ensure your feedback is passed on to our online banking team.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos

Message 5 of 6 94 Views

Ok, this has just bit us again with a duplicate BPay payment.

I can't understand why we cannot specified that we want to SHARE this information on a joint account.

LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS... or you will lose them!

0 Kudos

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 6 of 6 92 Views

Hey @slaneyrw, I'm sorry you've had a BPay transfer duplicated and can appreciate this is frustrating. Your feedback regarding being able to see scheduled payments created by the joint party has been passed through to our online banking team.

At this stage, we don't have the option to provide this to our customers due to restrictions within our privacy policy and the privacy act. I'm sorry I don't have a different answer for you and understand this may be disappointing.

While we don't want to see you leave over this, we understand you need to do what's best for you and your banking needs.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.