Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Is 2 factor authentication going to be possible soon ?

Posted by slaneyrw slaneyrw
Message 1 of 3 1,228 Views

I would like to use 2 factor authentication to login into my online banking... like Google Authenticator

Is this going to be possible soon ?

Senior Contributor

Re: Is 2 factor authentication going to be possible soon ?

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 3 1,227 Views

+1 for this please. SMS codes are a pain, especially for customers who are travelling or based overseas.

If BWA goes down this road, it would be great for customers to have the choice - either an option within the Bankwest app (similar to Citibank's implimentation), or an rfc6238 method that allows people to use any existing TOTP generator app (i.e. Google Authenticator, 1Password, Lastpass, et all) to generate a one-time password token.

And for the love of all things holy - do not do what ANZ have done, and created a second specifically app that only does one-time passwords, and nothing else. This is a waste of app space, and adds unnecessary confusion to the user experience.

Re: Is 2 factor authentication going to be possible soon ?

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 3 of 3 1,213 Views

Hi @slaneyrw, thanks for the great suggestion, we're always looking for ways to improve our online and mobile banking experiences.

As always @, thank you for your detailed feedback, I'll certainly make sure this is passed onto our online team to look into.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.