Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
New Contributor

Inward transfer fee?

Posted by LAURENTIA LAURENTIA
Message 1 of 6 813 Views

Hi..

I got money transfer from other bank however theres 10$ charge for inward payment order fee? 

Can i get refund for that?

Thanks

Lauren

0 Kudos

Re: Inward transfer fee?

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 6 810 Views

Hi @LAURENTIA, thanks for contacting us in regards to this. A non-refundable $10 processing fee applies to each inward deposit made through the SWIFT or Telex systems to your Bankwest account, which will appear as ‘Inward Payment Order Fee’ on your statement. These systems are generally used to receive & send overseas payments. If the funds have come from another bank within Australia the person sending the funds would need to use a different method of transfer, to avoid you receiving this fee.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Message 3 of 6 809 Views

However i receive the money from citibank australia? How can i be charge inward payment fee? 

Thanks

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 4 of 6 808 Views

This would be due to the way they have transferred the funds @LAURENTIA. They would need to use a different method to transfer in future to avoid this fee.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Message 5 of 6 782 Views

Hi again,

So if i got transfer money into my account from others bank which the type transfer is domestic transfer , i still get inward payment order fee ?

Please kindly inform me a bit details.. 

Thank you for understanding

Regards,

Lauren

0 Kudos

Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 6 of 6 780 Views

Hi @LAURENTIA, in this case the person who is sending the funds must not be doing this via a PayAnybody/Bpay but are doing it via SWIFT or Telex systems/RTSG to your Bankwest account. This does then apply a $10 inward payment fee (even though this is done from another Australian Bank account). It may be best to check with the person who is sending the funds to find out why they are choosing to send the funds this way as it may also be costing them a fee on their end.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.