Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Internet Banking Application Error

Posted by Crople Crople
Message 1 of 7 550 Views

Hi,

I am unable to login to Internet banking. Have searched the forums and have seen a few posts of the same but no solution.

First I called Bankwest as I had never received my secure code for some reason, and they were unable to identify me over the phone so thats fine I went into a branch when I was able to today.

Had a code sent to my phone. Tried to login via mobile banking and got the error message:

Application Error
A problem has occurred with your Internet Banking session

Click here to try and return to your session.

Click here to securely log out of your session.

If you continue to experience problems, please try again later.

Returning to session did nothing, logging in and out did nothing.

When I got home I tried on a pc in different browsers which did nothing. Trying on different networks did nothing, clearing browser cache did nothing.

If I call again I assume they will be unable to identifty me again and I won't be able to make it to a branch for days.

Is this a temporary issue? Seems like quite a few people get it sporadically but haven't seen anyone say they eventually got in.

Will continue to try in the coming days.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos

Re: Internet Banking Application Error

Posted by Crople Crople
Message 2 of 7 548 Views

Also I have tried resetting my code again and setting a password but error persists

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 3 of 7 531 Views

Hi @Crople, thanks for contacting us in regards to this. For security reasons we're unable to access or discuss any personal account information over the forum, so I can't see what's happened here.

I can let you know that when you went into the store to show your ID, they should have updated your details with you to ensure that they were correct in our system, so that we would be able to ID you next time you call. Can you please confirm if they went through this with you? Thanks!

0 Kudos

Posted by Crople Crople
Message 4 of 7 528 Views

Hi @LyndsC

In store they did confirm my verbal password and mobile number.

Though when I called I had my verbal password but didn't meet enough of the other  security requirements.

I know very little about my account other than what has been mailed to me hence why I want to get internet banking working.

Will try call tomorrow or find time to visit the branch again.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 5 of 7 524 Views

Thanks @Crople, if you can let me know how you go once you have spoken with us, if you're still unable to log in we can follow this up further for you.

0 Kudos

Posted by Crople Crople
Message 6 of 7 448 Views

@LyndsC finally got around to calling and it's sorted I can now login

0 Kudos

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 7 of 7 447 Views

Glad to hear its resolved @Crople, have a great weekend! ^Lynds

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.