Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
SOLVED
Accepted Solution

International transfer failure

Posted by Prmbpa Prmbpa
Message 1 of 5 249 Views

I made an international transfer on the 6th September , after it been stopped by the fraud dept and investigated, then stopped again because of a wrong digit in the account. Corrected on 16th Sept ., Money's still have not been received in the account on 26 Sept. When do I start to worry the recipient won't get her money and how much of it will she receive? This will be the last time I use the bank for such an important transfer.

0 Kudos

Re: International transfer failure

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 2 of 5 220 Views

Hi @Prmbpa I'm sorry you've had such trouble with this. 

So we can look into this further for you, please have a chat with our Online Messaging Team

0 Kudos

Posted by Prmbpa Prmbpa
Message 3 of 5 214 Views

0 Kudos

Posted by Prmbpa Prmbpa
Message 4 of 5 213 Views

Hi MegB

i went one step further and Tuesday I went to the bank and spoke to a person! At this stage I have asked for tracking of the monies , this still has not been received 2 Oct. ! The bank at this stage has waived the $25 for doing this, which I appreciate but cannot assure me they will be able to "find" the money !

i will wait until Friday to get back in contact with hthe bank if I don't hear before. 

How is it possible for a bank to " loose" my $5000?  Has anyone on this site ever gone through this and were left out of pocket?

0 Kudos
SOLUTION

Posted by Prmbpa Prmbpa
Message 5 of 5 179 Views

Finally after 4 weeks and $200 short the monies have been deposited into the overseas account . Would not advise people use international transfer through the bank. Western union offers a better service.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.