Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

International money transfer

Posted by walteradolph204 walteradolph204
Message 1 of 5 2,389 Views

I am currently living in Canada and wanting to close out my Bankwest account.  I want to transfer the remaining fnds in my Bankwest account to the Royal Bank of Canada.  I have completed the Intl Transfer form and have scan it.  Where do I email ther scanned Intl Transfer form?  Or do I have to paper mail it to Australia, and if so, where?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: International money transfer

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 2 of 5 2,385 Views

@walteradolph204: That's an easy question to answer Smiley Happy

Email address is IMT.Retail@bankwest.com.au, per this thread. They should be able to help you out with the transfer form.

As for closing the bank account, once you've transferred the funds out - you'll need to give Bankwest a call (per this thread) which they happily accept reverse charges calls for.

Posted by gotscammed30000 gotscammed30000
Message 3 of 5 399 Views

hi there in 2013 i was a fool and transfered 30,000 aud to a british bank account i odviously though the person was a real women but end up being grom nigeria you can figure out the rest.is there anyway of getting my money back as she/he said it would be needed for an account of his/her uncles to activate the transfer of 3000,000usd.im so ashamed and have only decided to talk about it now the transfer was done at a bankwest branch in cannington what are my options here i have email and transaction paperwork of it all

@thewinchester wrote:

Email address is IMT.Retail@bankwest.com.au, per this thread. They should be able to help you out with the transfer form.

As for closing the bank account, once you've transferred the funds out - you'll need to give Bankwest a call (per this thread) which they happily accept reverse charges calls for.

i was scasmmed odviously the account is not active this happend in 2013

@thewinchester wrote:

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 4 of 5 388 Views

@gotscammed30000 wrote:

is there anyway of getting my money back

No - is the straightforward and short answer that you need to hear to this question (and I deliberately put it this way, whilst acknowledging the empathy this situation deserves, and impact it has had on you).

The bank acted on your properly authorised instructions that you’ve given to them. You have no recourse with Bankwest.

@gotscammed30000 wrote:

what are my options here

Your only recourse will be to report this scam (https://www.scamnet.wa.gov.au/scamnet/Scam_types-Dating__romance.htm) and seek further help through the Consumer Protection agency in your state or territory.

And for anyone else who has, or is thinking, of transferring large sums of money overseas to people they’ve never met in person, and stumbles across this post - WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU THINKING!

Does it sound right to you that someone you wouldn’t know if they passed you on the street is asking for money in such large amounts?

Ask yourself these four questions before transferring money to someone you’ve never met in person:

• Have you done any checking to confirm they are who they say they are?
  • Have you done any decent research to find out more about the circumstances which they’ve asked for such a large amount of funds?
  • Have you sought advice from trusted friends, family members, accountant, financial advisor, police, consumer protection agency, or a bank employee about the situation?
  • Have you taken the time to understand the financial impact this will have on you if something goes wrong with these funds?

If you answered No to ANY of these four questions - STOP IMMEDIATELY, re-evaluate what you’re doing, then go back and do that step you’re missed.

And if you still proceed to transfer funds, and things go wrong - then the old saying of “a fool and their money are soon parted” could never be more true.

0 Kudos

Posted by DanaeC DanaeC
Message 5 of 5 373 Views

Hi there @gotscammed30000, really sorry to hear about this - definitely not a nice situation to find yourself in.

While I can't guarantee any changes to the outcome, we'd really like to learn more and discuss what's happened further - could you please send us your full name, Forum username and best contact number to Forum@bankwest.com.au so that we can give you a call?

Thank you.

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2018 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.