Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

Internal Transfer vs. Linked Account Transfer

Posted by brakai295 brakai295
Message 1 of 2 1,705 Views

As a customer who moved to Bankwest from ANZ what always really annoyed me (and still does) is the fact that there are two different types of internal transfers. While I (now) understand the difference between an Internal Transfer and a Linked Account Transfer I still get confused when I try to move money between my accounts. I always eventually have to click around a little bit to see which one it is I need to use.

This is a classic example of a business-led design decision (how the bank thinks) instead of a consumer-led design decision (how the customer thinks). From a consumer's point of view it should not matter what type of transfer it is. It should all just be an option under 'Internal Transfer'.

As a web designer myself I can think of numerous ways of solving this problem and making the process a lot less confusing for the user. But ideally this limitation should not exist in the first place.

My suggestion, if it must exist: only have one section called Internal Transfers. If I can't move money from account a to account b, it should pop up a little message saying something like "Sorry, due to the nature of this account money can't be transferred from account a to account b directly." That's it! No separate section that requires me to make a decision before transferring money internally.

Please fix this.

Re: Internal Transfer vs. Linked Account Transfer

[ Edited ]
Posted by SarahF SarahF
Message 2 of 2 1,698 Views

Hi @brakai295 - I've just had a read of your post and can see where you're coming from in regards to internal transfer and linked account transfer. I'm going to share this with our online banking team as well as a few of our designers as I'm sure this is valuable feedback for them. I'm glad to hear that you've got an understanding of the differences between the two. For the benefit of others who may see your post I'm going to do a quick explanation Smiley Happy

Internal Transfer: This is where you can move money between your Bankwest accounts.

Linked Account Transfer: This is where you can move money from your Bankwest account (Savings) and to it's linked account. For some customers who opened their account a while ago, their linked account may not be a Bankwest account which is why this sits outside of an internal transfer.

Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.