Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
New Contributor

In the CSV export data from Transaction Search, what's the definition of the transactions type codes

Posted by backrowturkey backrowturkey
Message 1 of 9 1,931 Views

The "Transaction Type" column in the "Transaction Search" CSV export data has codes like

* DEP

* WDL

* WDC

* PAY

* FEE

etc. Many of these are easily guessed, some ... not quite so much.

It'd be really handy to have a detailed explanation.

I'm particularly interested in processing the data to filter out internal transfers within my accounts and I'm hoping this is easily identified by code.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Re: In the CSV export data from Transaction Search, what's the definition of the transactions type c

Message 2 of 9 1,930 Views

Starter comment: Someone wrote a Perl module on CPAN, Finance::Bank::Bankwest::Transaction, that defines these.

It'd be good to have an officially defined, blessed and correct list to verify these with.

0 Kudos

Re: In the CSV export data from Transaction Search, what's the definition of the transactions type c

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 3 of 9 1,921 Views

Hey @backrowturkey, great pick up! I'll pass this through to the team to see if this is something we can do Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Message 4 of 9 1,668 Views

Any luck getting the definitions?

It must be documented in-house so hopefully it's just a matter of asking the backend dev team what the fields mean.

0 Kudos

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 5 of 9 1,649 Views

Hey @backrowturkey, I just wanted to let you know we're still looking into this for you and hope to have an answer for you soon. Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 6 of 9 1,564 Views

Hey @backrowturkey, this is what I've found so far.

These should cover most of the transactions you would see. If there's any in particular I've missed, please let me know and I'll chase them up specifically. I hope this helps! 😄

CHQDEB - CHEQUE DEBIT

CRI - CREDIT INTEREST

DAU - DEBIT AUTHORISATION (aka Authorisation Only)

DEP - PAYID/PAY ANYBODY DEPOSIT or INTERNAL TRANSFER TO CC

DEPCHQ - CHEQUE DEPOSIT

DEPMIX - MIXED DEPOSIT

DIC - CREDIT DISHONOUR

DID - DEBIT DISHONOUR

DRI - DEBIT INTEREST

FEE - FEE (eg maintenance/dishonour fee)

GVTPAY - GOV PAYMENT

INTCRA - CREDIT INTREST ADJUSTMENT

INTDRA - DEBT INTEREST ADJUSTMENT

NAR - NARRATION (eg Other bank ATM/foreign transaction fee notification)

NONFIN - NON FINANCIAL

REV - REVERSAL

SALARY - SALARY

TAX - TAX RAISING

TAXADJ - TAX ADJUSTMENT

TFC - TRANSFER CREDIT (internal/linked account transfer)

TFD - TRANSFER DEBIT (internal/linked account transfer)

WDC - CARD TRANSACTION

WDL - ONLINE BANKING TRANSFER VIA BPAY/PAY ANYBODY or DIRECT DEBITS USING BSB*

* Credit card transactions, including purchase interest show as WDL

0 Kudos

Posted by joshuat_82 joshuat_82
Message 7 of 9 1,537 Views

Just thought I'd piggy back on the same question, hopefully not violating any forum rules.

I also have the following in my transaction history most of which I have made an assumption about but would like to validate....

DAT

DRR

FER

PAY

STC

TFN

WDI

Josh

0 Kudos

Posted by MegB MegB
Message 8 of 9 1,494 Views

Hey @joshuat_82, you're not violating any rules at all. This is exactly what the Forum is for Smiley Happy

I'm still investigating this and will update this post when I have further information. 

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.