Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question
Forum Manager

Re: Improving the eStatement experience in online banking

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 9 of 23 5,671 Views

Well that was quick Smiley Happy Thanks @cgm @thewinchester @Enigmaraff!

I won't reply to your specific points just yet but I do like them! I'm catching up with our online banking team today with the feedback so far and once I've got a better idea of what we can get done in the short term, I'll let you all know.

EG The icons to indicate which eStatements are new/unread instead of just making them bold is a quick win so I'm confident we can do something there.

Stay tuned!

Was this helpful? Then give it 'Kudos'!

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

New Contributor

Posted by ThirdDegreePun ThirdDegreePun
Message 10 of 23 5,606 Views

Late to the topic but I do completely agree that the conveyance of the unread e-statements is poor and barely visable. Aside from the other reccomendations A more simple way to highlight the different state of the ments would be to even just change the colour/shade of the entire row of the unread statment numbers. That would clearly signify they're unread, as is done by unread emails in Gmail and I'm sure countless other places. 

0 Kudos
Forum Manager

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 11 of 23 5,602 Views

Thanks for taking the time to send your feedback through @ThirdDegreePun.

After some in house design and getting feedback from our customers, we've come up with a solution and will be releasing the update to online banking very soon. I'll post the release notes in the Online Banking topic of the Forum, like I do for Mobile, so you'll have the details you need and a place to ask questions.

I'm keen to hear what you think.

If your question was answered, select 'Accept as Solution' to make it easier for others to find.

Forum Manager

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 12 of 23 5,598 Views

@thewinchester wrote:

*** On this specific question

On the specific question, I agree that the feedback you've received - being that using only a HTML Bold/Regular style on the text to differentiate between read and unread statements - isn't enough, or clear.

I've discussed in the last Q&A session on mobile how that platforms need to cater for customers with visual issues, and given the point size of the text, it's a little hard to tell a read and unread statement apart.

This same feedback carries all the way through BOB, i.e. Notifications and Bank Mail.

Good news @thewinchester, v16.0 of online banking (going live today) has addressed this unread eStatements issue based on feedback from you and other customers - so thanks! It'd be great to hear what you think.

@cgm @ThirdDegreePun @Enigmaraff You'll probably be interested in this too Smiley Happy

Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 13 of 23 5,596 Views

Shame i've already read my new credit card statement today @PeteW, otherwise I would have left it unread to immediately test the changes. Smiley Happy

Should have some new statements issued in the next few days, so will post back with some feedback at that time on these changes.

Thanks to all the BWA staff involved in making these changes happen; and particually the timely fashion they were executed in.

6wks is reasonably impressive for a minor change in a large organisation, with complex development, UAT, and approval processes needed to make it happen. Let's hope that this sets a baseline on future changes, and that improved agility in development and approval processes delivers faster time to market for enhancements and features. Smiley Happy

Forum Manager

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 14 of 23 5,591 Views

We appreciate the thanks @thewinchester. We can't change everything but we are aiming to do as much as possible, combining feedback with all the other channels and then having it all prioritised.

We've got some more improvements coming base don customer feedback and will keep posting the release notes to the Forum for awareness and discussion.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 15 of 23 5,588 Views

Have finally seen the statement changes this morning @PeteW, and they're looking fantastic.

IMG_1310.png

Also can't remember if it was there before, but if adding the drop-down account selector to the statements screen was part of the package of enhancements, well done getting that as well.

IMG_1312.png

But... there is one minor thing I have spotted - and it's with this screen (CMWeb/eStatements/ES/StatementList.aspx).

If you look closely, the Unread indicator isn't perfectly all aligned to the same edge. The kerning result of the numbers will mean that for a standard transaction account (in a 000-000 0000000 format), the alignment can be out by anywhere from 1-5 pixels on the right edge.

This is persistent regardless of device, or web browser used (iPad or Desktop; Safari, Firefox or Chrome).

It's not easily perceptable, but it is something I picked up on instantly. Blame it on the jobs of yore where catching these minute differences were the differences between success, and going back to the drawing board.

IMG_1311.png

0 Kudos
Forum Manager

Posted by PeteW PeteW
Message 16 of 23 5,540 Views

Glad you like this round of enhancements and we're looking forward to delivering more. I've passed your feedback on about the alignment (it bothers me too!) @thewinchester.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P
© 2019 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.