Bankwest Forum

Ask a new question

I am overseas and not receiving any secure codes

Posted by Niamh Niamh
Message 1 of 5 783 Views

I moved back home to Ireland and I need to transfer money from my Australian account into my Irish account. But my telstra sim stopped working and I can't receive any secure codes. what can i do??

0 Kudos

Re: I am overseas and not receiving any secure codes

Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 2 of 5 780 Views

Hi @Niamh, you can complete an International Money Transfer Form. You can also check out our International Transfers page on our website for more information on how to transfer funds.

0 Kudos

Posted by Niamh Niamh
Message 3 of 5 770 Views
Thank you LyndsC! However i need secure codes for a transfer but my Telstra SIM is not working therefore I do not receive the codes!! Do you know how I could change my settings without secure codes? Or would bankwest accept the transfer form of I'm in a different country?
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]
Posted by thewinchester thewinchester
Message 4 of 5 767 Views

In that case @Niamh, i'd suggest giving Bankwest's overseas number a call to request a temporary exemption to make the transaction quickly.

You may also be able to send a BankMail message to make this request, but it won't be responded to immediately.

If you're still intending to bank with Bankwest if permanently based in Ireland AND you're unable to restore your Telstra services, you may also need to discuss on that call how you can make these transfers online without the use of Secure Code.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Posted by LyndsC LyndsC
Message 5 of 5 758 Views

The form above is used to make an international transfer @Niamh, as you do need SMS code active to be able to perform the transfer in online banking and it also needs to be an Australian mobile number.

0 Kudos
Ask a new question
Top kudoed contributors

Bankwest SWIFT code: BKWAAU6P | Find your BSB by logging into Online Banking
© 2017 Copyright Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945. All rights reserved. To use this Website, you are required to read the Financial Services Guide (which you agree to be provided by accessing the link). Bankwest is a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia, which is the product issuer unless otherwise stated. Rates stated are subject to change without notice. Any advice given does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs so please consider whether it is appropriate for you. For deposit and payment products, please ensure you read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (which you agree to be provided through this link) before making any decision about the product(s). For lending products, lending criteria and fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.